Author Topic: aqua- hot being asked for hot air blowing cold  (Read 9882 times)

neil omalley

aqua- hot being asked for hot air blowing cold
« on: December 29, 2014, 06:51:52 PM »
'05 thunder forward thermostat is calling for warm air and the aqua hot is blowing cold and only from one(forward) vent.
Aqua hot starts up properly gives warm air when called for in the bedroom area - gives hot water when called for but cold air is coming from the vent between the driver and the pax seats. No air (warm  or otherwise ) from the vent in the kitchen area. suggestions ? other than new coach ;D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:54:01 PM by neil omalley »

Bob Jae

Re: aqua- hot being asked for hot air blowing cold
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
Open up the Aqua Hot and see if that zone pump is running when calling for heat.  If so the check valve many be stuck shut.  Give it a firm tap with the handle of a screw driver or a light tap with a small hammer.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
For one the fan for the kitchen rad should be running and blowing cold like the front rad. Pump not running or  check valve must be reason for the cold air but not the fan.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:26:17 AM »
Or a faulty  Circuit Board

Jim Houghton

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »
There is a Forum that is just for the Auqa Hot system. Once you open it up register and once allowed to use you can read many other posts of ask a question of your own. The site owner Roger will answer all posts and give you the proper troubleshooting for your issue. Has helped me more than once. Each time he was right on with the cause and problem has been solved. Use this link to access: http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php  :)
2021 Entegra Cornerstone
2003 Beaver Contessa Tuscany (sold)
Pleasant View, TN :)

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »
I've bought a few parts from Roger.  He is usually about 10% less that AquaHot direct.

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 04:03:15 PM »
Roger is the best vendor I have ever dealt with.  My HydroHot leaked and Roger supplied a rebuilt unit (from AquaHot) to replace it (this is what the Extended Warranty Company required)  That unit had a 6 month factory warranty and Roger covered the other 6 months for a 1 year warranty.  The unit developed a leak in the compassion chamber.  I sent Roger pictures and he replaced the unit with a brand new AquaHot 450D.  He allowed me to install it and sent all the special tools and fittings I needed to get it done (no charge)  He then arranged for the old unit to be picked up and returned to AquaHot.  My only cost was the cost of mailing the tools back to him.  He has earned a life time customer.  Through his forum and the manuals he has on his website I know I have more knowledge of the AquaHot than any of the RV Dealers in my area.

Thanks Roger

neil omalley

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »
Thanks all. I will troubleshoot as soon as it stops SNOWING here in Lake Havasu,AZ. (WTH) Happy New Year!!!

Edward Buker

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 01:46:00 PM »
Like Bob said the easiest thing it could be would be the check valve right by that zones shut off valve handle. A tap with a light hammer will usually start the zone if that was the issue. They have been known to stick and I have had that issue occur once.

For troubleshooting one has to believe that the thermostat is OK given there is one fan response in the zone, all of pumps and fans are triggered by the same thermostat contact through a relay or otherwise. I would look at the high low off switch in the living area for the fan that is not running, it may have been inadvertently switched off.

If you open up the door to the Aqua Hot bay with the burner off, then turn on the bedroom zone that works and listen for the circulator pump, you should hear it. Then turn that zone off and turn on the living room zone and see if you hear that pump. If you do it is blocked or air bound if no heat is present. If air bound you can pull the hose from the overflow tank and back feed air through that tube using a compressor and an air gun that seals well to the hose diameter.  Set it on maybe 10 lbs of air and pulse it a few times. I did not think that technique would work but it did after I drained down a zone for repairs. Roger shared that procedure with me.

If you don't hear the pump then you would need to measure that the pump has voltage going to it or not to determine if it is the pump or the control circuit. There are 12v fuses for my configuration and there should be for yours. Could possibly be a fuse, hopefully not the circuit board. If it was easy enough to switch the wires to the pumps from the bedroom to the living room pump that would also be a way to know if the living room zone pump works. Hope this helps.

Later Ed