Author Topic: Patriot Thunder Perfectoe Heater  (Read 4710 times)

Lee Welbanks

Patriot Thunder Perfectoe Heater
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:59:59 PM »
So the other day I go over to the coach to exercise things. Fired up the Cat and the generator to let things charge up. So after I shut off the Cat I noticed that the Toe kick heater in the kitchen was running, cycled the knob back and forth and it would not shut off. Went in and turned off the breaker. Haven't pulled it out yet, probably is the thermostat switch. These things are made by Cadet Mfg out of Vancouver, Wa. and parts are easy to get.
Just another day owning a rolling house.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Patriot Thunder Perfectoe Heater
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »
Lee I had an issue with my toe Kick heater on our 06 thunder, when I pulled out the unit I found a wire had broken so I got out the tools and did the electrical repair with a soldering iron, it's been working for 3 years so far. I hope you can also
find a simple repair. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »
Went to pull out the Perfectoe heater, removed grate and two screws holding unit in cabinet, will not come out of the slot. Removed big bottom drawer and gazed in to find that the fine folks in Colburg had made the romax to short to be able to remove the heater without cutting the wire. Went in to check the breaker to make sure it was off, flipped it on and hey no heater noise, not running, went and cycled the knob and it works like new. Problem solved must be the heater gremlin.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:44:59 PM »
Sounds like you may need a little contact cleaner in the switch.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
Steve,,If it acts up again I will give the switch/thermostat a spray job with contact cleaner. I was glad to see that the heater was not full of dust bunny's.