Author Topic: KONI FSD VS. KONI ADJUSTABLE  (Read 5133 times)

Larry and Heidi Lee

KONI FSD VS. KONI ADJUSTABLE
« on: May 03, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »
Hi Guys, does anyone have any comments regarding the Koni FSD shocks verses the Koni adjustables?

Don Voss

Re: KONI FSD VS. KONI ADJUSTABLE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 05:52:09 AM »
Hi Larry,
I just bought a 2004 Marquis.  It has a noticable porpoising action when going over small to moderate dips on the freeway.  Not having driven a large class A coach before I wondered if that was normal.  I bought the coach from a deceased owner's son and he didn't know any of the history.  One of the mechanics I have used sugested Koni shocks.  I called Monaco and they didn't know anything about them except some of the owners were putting them on and liked the adjustable feature.  On the Koni web site when I search for the proper shock I come up with a Magnum Chasis which is what I have been told was still being used in 2004.  The Koni model is the "98-05 MagnumEight air bag".  My coach has 10 airbags.  Not sure if that is an issue.  Are you having problems with your coaches ride too?  Did you come up with the same results for the Konis?  Any coments on this would be appreciated.

Don V

Jerry Pattison

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:49:47 AM »
I have a 98 Marquis.  Magnum chassis.  Had Bilsteins, hated them, several leaked.  Replaced them with Koni FSD, and I love them!  Better in all types of driving.

George Harwell

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

Don, I have a friend with a 42 foot Country Coach with the same problem. He took it back to Lazy Days several times but they did not fix it. When he got back to Michigan he got under the rig and found it had KONI shocks, got the numbers off them and called KONI. The Koni reps told him the shocks on his coach were not the correct shock for his unit and he would have to buy new shocks. Reluctantly he ordered them and they solved the problem. He reports it handles perfect now. Hope this gives you some ideas.