Author Topic: LED Interior Lighting 06 Patriot Thunder  (Read 11679 times)

Lee Welbanks

LED Interior Lighting 06 Patriot Thunder
« on: February 05, 2015, 02:26:34 AM »
I'm in the process of replacing all the interior 12 volt lights with LEDs. This guy on Ebay has about every kind of light you would need.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=yitamotor&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

I got some of the flat ones for the little ceiling and under cabinet lights, wrong will not fit as they are too big next ordered and received
20 X Warm White G4 5 SMD LED 5050 DC 12V RV Marine Boat Camper Light Bulb Lamps for $11.99 for 20, these work great as do the:
20 X Pure White G4 5 SMD LED 5050 RV Marine Boat Camper Light Bulb Lamp DC 12V for $10.99.
I also ordered some brighter ones but haven't received them yet. You don't have to do any trimming to the contacts to fit, just have to make sure you get the polarity correct or they will not come on. Can't believe how much cooler these lights are compared to the bulbs.
I am also going to replace all the bulbs in every light I can get my hands on all the basement lights and tail and turn signals.
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: LED Interior Lighting 06 Patriot Thunder
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »
Hi Lee
I also changed all of my lights 2 years ago in our 06 Thunder, so far all are working great. I also changed all of the belly cargo lights to LED I have more light now and if I forget to turn them off I have no worry about the lights burning the fixtures.
The site you found has much better pricing then what I paid!!

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:39:17 PM »
I started replacing the halogens on my PT but was not real happy with the light output.  Finally found these:

http://www.amazon.com/Starlights-G4-205-SP-Halogen-Replacement/dp/B005GY9VN2

which work quite well under the cabinets for reading. 

Now the Marquis has a LOT of puck lights with some already converted to 10 led bulbs and they are not as bright as the others that are still Halogen.  These are quite a bit more $$$ so I'm going to do the same thing and use them under the cabinets as see how that works.

Might be worth looking at where you need more light but they are not WW if I remember correctly.

John Bagwell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:39:10 PM »
I purchased some LED replacements lights from M4 Light Products.  Good lights , and good customer service,  give discount also.

http://m4led.com/

Here's there site.

John
John Bagwell
2001 Monterey 36ft.
CAT 3126B
Toad. 2020 Ford Ranger

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 02:06:59 PM »
I purchased some LED replacements lights from M4 Light Products.  Good lights , and good customer service,  give discount also.

http://m4led.com/

Here's there site.

John
John,

Thanks for this post, M4's web site has a ton of useful info concerning LED lights. After reading through their web site I now have more info on these led replacements. Don't know if I believe all the hype about their lights compared to the other sellers. Knowing how all these things are mfg'ed in China M4's look exactly like the ones I received from the Ebay site. The price per light is crazy, basically 20 to 1 range, time will tell if the ones I got last and how we like them.

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:16 PM »
Lee and others,

Can you put the specific links in for the G4 Leds that you ordered and are happy with? Also the new ones that you have on order.

I think all of us would like a link to an Led that is warm white, disk fits without trimming, with pins that fit without trimming, that are bright and can be bought in group of 10 or 20 at a reasonable price which probably means Ebay from China. If you have a link, make it specific to what you purchased so we can duplicate what you bought.

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Dick Simonis

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »
John, thanks for the link to M4, I was very impressed with the site and it's the first time I has seen 5630 SMD led lights.  This particular product appealed to me so I order 5 to give them a try.  I like the 315 lumen spec so we'll see.

http://www.m4products.com/g4-9-5630-side-ww-warm-white-elite-series-g4-t3-samsung-5630-leds-side-pins-to-replace-10w-halogen/

Eric Wallace

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 05:42:02 PM »
As in Ed Buker's comment above, I am also interested in the specific link to the very reasonably priced product Lee mentions at the top of this post.  His link to the site works fine, but there are many, many pages of products on that site and I can't seem to find the specific ones with the description Lee gives that fit without any trimming modifications.  Thanks to anyone who can help. 

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »
As in Ed Buker's comment above, I am also interested in the specific link to the very reasonably priced product Lee mentions at the top of this post.  His link to the site works fine, but there are many, many pages of products on that site and I can't seem to find the specific ones with the description Lee gives that fit without any trimming modifications.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

I have installed led's in all the little puck lights in the coach and basically know what fits and which ones do not. The flat paddle ones I first ordered do not fit because the circuit board card is to large.
 The warm white and pure white G4 5 SMD 5050 ones work great and fit without any trimming. I have ordered and received a different one with more led's and today I will see if they will fit as they are larger then the 5 SMD lights. I also have ordered led's for the bathroom vanity lights, haven't received them as of yet, they have a delivery date of the 19th. When I get all these figured out I will post a direct link to each one and the light it fits.
I have also ordered led's for the basement lights which are White 1156 BA15S LED 27-SMD  we will see how these work out.

Stay tuned we are getting there little by little.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
Lee,
Thx for the info. Do you know the lumen rating of the G4 5 5050 LEDs? I found that I needed at least 300 lumens to approach the brightness of the halogens in the ceiling puck holders and had to go to a 12 LED disk to attain that brightness.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 05:53:08 PM »
Steve,

I'll have to do some digging to find out the lumens for these, the Warm White do not seem to put out as much light as the old bulbs, but the pure white ones I put in the kitchen and cabinets seem bright enough. I'll get back when I find out.