Author Topic: Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) repair  (Read 2759 times)

Mike Merchant

Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) repair
« on: March 17, 2015, 11:51:37 PM »
Recently departed for the desert, unfortunately our turbocharger also went south a mile from our garage. Limped into Valley Freightliner (Olympia) where the coach has now resided for 4 weeks. New turbo, CAC  R&R to clean oil out of CAC radiator, DPF R&R to clean oil blocking honeycomb.
Now to current problem. The "sensor box" for the DPF (contains pressure sensors, etc, which control firing of DPF) was rusted out and self destructed during removal and VF hasn't found a way to get a new one yet. It has a Cat part number but Cat can't find it. Apparently Monaco contracted with Cat to make this sensor for this application only.
Monaco is also trying to work on it from their end but all the ownership changes have resulted in a lot of info not being passed along, like cross referenced part numbers.
I told VF I'd put it out on the forum to seek any other ideas for sourcing. Anyone had a similar part need? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Also any thoughts on a turbo lasting 23,500 mi? We bought it 2 years old and 17500 mi, and Cat RV told me my serial number engine had a new turbo at 14500 mi. That means this turbo lasted 23,500 mi. Gets spendy.

Thanks........Mike