Author Topic: Air Horn Solenoid  (Read 4372 times)

Don Stewart

Air Horn Solenoid
« on: March 16, 2015, 10:24:54 PM »
Does anyone know the location and appearance of the air horn solenoid on a 2002 Beaver Contessa? Not sure where to start looking or what to look for, i.e. does it have air hoses attached to it or is it electrical only?

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Air Horn Solenoid
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 12:53:00 AM »
hey Don, I have an 01 Contessa and had my air horn solenoid replaced last fall under my GS ESP.

I believe they told me it was up behind the center console behind the 10 disk cd changer..........mine was sticking and hardly ever worked.....

said it was a booger to get too, but I didn't see them do it so who really knows!

Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Tom Chace

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 01:48:32 AM »
My solenoid in a 1999 Monterey was placed in front of the firewall where it had exposure to the elements.
Due to that it was "having problems"
Yes there are air hoses to in ( blue and small I think)and a few wires (actuator is 12 V) opens an air valve and the horns work.
I loosened the nut at the bottom cleaned and gave it a shot of WD-40, tightened the nut checked it and saved myself a trip to the parts store. Works now. No need for a new one.

I hope this helps

T

Grant Ralston

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 03:55:10 AM »
Don, our air horn solenoid on our 98 Contessa is also in front of the "firewall" in front of the passenger.  In the attached photo it is on the left of the solenoid (center of the photo) that activates the stairwell cover.

Grant

Don Stewart

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 01:11:19 AM »
Thank you all, especially for the picture. Time to go "diving". :)