Author Topic: Intermittent shutdown  (Read 21597 times)

William Jordan

Re: Intermittent shutdown
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 06:37:52 PM »
Thanks all . Yes it is a C12 . This morning I replaced the st85 solenoid in the elect bay 35$ at Napa and I now show 14 volts on the dash gauge (it never showed that high at least in the last few days) and its steady , which it wasn't before. Fingers crossed we move about 300 miles today and will hopefully be happy campers! If this works I'll order a spare from Amazon <11 bucks !
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:12:42 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Bob Jae

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »
Glad to hear it sounds like you are now in good shape.
Have you pried the top off the old one to see what it looks like?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:16:34 PM by Bob Jae »

Jeff Watt

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question,  but the discussion and consequences of this thread had me go look for a solenoid in my electrical bay. No such beast that I can see. Does my year/model coach have one or is it an electronic one tucked somewhere else?

Where/are these solenoids referenced in the thread only used on certain coaches and up to a specific year?

Jeff

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »
Hopefully this isn't a stupid question,  but the discussion and consequences of this thread had me go look for a solenoid in my electrical bay. No such beast that I can see. Does my year/model coach have one or is it an electronic one tucked somewhere else?

Where/are these solenoids referenced in the thread only used on certain coaches and up to a specific year?

Jeff

Jeff,    On our coaches the ignition board is in the Rear RunBox I believe.

William Jordan

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 02:15:46 AM »
Follow up .....Coach ran flawless all day, 300 miles running  and restarting with no issues. Thanks to all I now have several things to check when in a better place. Checking the engine  Ground and having a few fuses on hand and especially , order another solenoid delivered  to my  sister in Dallas as a spare for the return trip 
Thanks to all !!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:19:08 AM by William Jordan »
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Edward Buker

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 02:42:56 AM »
Do you have two copper busses in an electrical bay under the driver seat with an outside door on it. I doubt that all the dash wiring would be fed that far for an electrical buss. Where the black heat sink is there is normally a silver round solenoid switch wired in like what Bob Jae posted.

Later Ed

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »
Do you have two copper busses in an electrical bay under the driver seat with an outside door on it. I doubt that all the dash wiring would be fed that far for an electrical buss. Where the black heat sink is there is normally a silver round solenoid switch wired in like what Bob Jae posted.

Later Ed
Ed,

Are you referring to my 06 PT FRB? I'm going over to the coach today and will take some pic's of the FRB and how it is setup. I don't recall any solenoids like that one in your pic, but will check her out today.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 05:30:45 PM »
Lee,
In the latter model Monaco built coaches, "Multiplex" circuits were used in some of the chassis systems, not necessarily because they were needed but because they could. Therefore, if your coach has "Multiplex" chassis circuits, the solenoid mentioned above will not exist as pictured in the photos.

Gerald 

Jeff Watt

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
Lee, Ed, Gerald,

I took a photo of my electrical bay. Even though it is blurry, you can see no solenoid as Gerald states.

Jeff

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 09:30:45 PM »
Lee, Ed, Gerald,

I took a photo of my electrical bay. Even though it is blurry, you can see no solenoid as Gerald states.

Jeff

Jeff, Ed, Gerald,

Went over today and took a bunch of pic's of the FRB and mine is exactly like yours, the power comes in on three of the 4/0 cables on the front side of the box (Lf in Pic) and is controlled by the solenoids in the RRB, I need to check/test and find out what controls what.

Edward Buker

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 05:09:06 AM »
I was trying to help Jeff with the solenoid question and clearly there are no busses or solenoid in the photos that several folks have taken. Gerald cleared up the reason why, some coaches in later years went to a multiplex system. That makes life a bit more complicated if you have a problem but at least the solenoid that has been troublesome is out of the picture (so to speak).

Later Ed

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 06:05:55 AM »
Ed,

In 06 they went to the multiplex system, everything in the FRB is run out of the RRB. I am going to check on what powers what. There is one Intellitec battery disconnect relay that controls part of the FRB. I am going to see where and what controls the rest.

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2015, 06:03:03 AM »
Jerry thanks for giving correct engine. If having silver leaf Fault Code 43-02 Ignition Key Fault (71)
C-12 S/N 2KS1 - up. If ECM has several logged occurrences of a 43-02 diagnostic code and operator
has experienced intermittent engine shut downs, engine speed burps. Problem for this code has occurred from rapidly cycled ignition switch.  Clear the 43-02 code and problem is gone.
Media Number - SEBD6722-00  Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic