Author Topic: Datron AntennaDoesSystem  (Read 4750 times)

getsurrounded

Datron AntennaDoesSystem
« on: May 14, 2010, 11:21:00 PM »
Does anyone have the installation, and operating manual for the system. We cannot get it to find the satellite for directtv. The unit searchs, and then gives me an aquire error(could not locate satellite). Thanks Jim

Marty and Suzie Schenck

Re: Datron AntennaDoesSystem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 01:20:06 AM »
Yes I have a copy but it would be much easier to explain the "go around" routine to you on the phone.  
 Marty
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 06:29:59 AM by 5 »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 01:56:31 AM »
Jim,
A question, did you change the DirecTV receiver. My Datron dish (in motion dome) will only work with a limited number of receivers, because it requires feed-back from the receiver to the dish to know when it locates the satellite. And I do have the owners manual for the Datron in motion dome if you need a copy.

Gerald

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »
I had the same problem with our satellite system not finding the correct location.  At Albuquerque I talked to Gary Swain about it.  He asked me if I had let the controller take its time to activate the brain.  He told me that when I turn on the controller let it go through its memory for at least 10 seconds to acclimate itself, then hit the "Find" button.  I had done since with no problems.  Hope this might help.
At times it's necessary to re-program the system to the satellites.  
Good luck
Mandy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:57:25 PM by 14 »