Author Topic: Headlight module replacement  (Read 2859 times)

Joel Weiss

Headlight module replacement
« on: April 05, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »
After 15 years both my headlight lenses had serious clouding and one was taking on a lot of water.  Rather than trying to restore them I bit the bullet and bought replacements.  Iron Horse RV in San Antonio recommended Certifit.com and I ordered a pair from them.  Ford wants >$300 apiece for the modules while these came out to less than half that with shipping.

The units seemed well made and the tech who installed them said they appeared to be virtually identical to the Ford ones.  The only difference appeared to be the connectors which were all different from those used on the Beaver but were easily changed.  Some milling/cutting was required but Gerald had already warned me that would be necessary.

All in all, the new lights are a very nice cosmetic improvement to the coach and I'm sure the nighttime performance will be a lot better, even though we rarely drive after dark!  ;D
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Headlight module replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »
Do you know if the headlight assemblies for the 2003 PT the same as yours?  And if they are the Navigator assemblies I keep seeing on here?  Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Weiss

Re: Headlight module replacement
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 09:54:45 PM »
To determine where your headlight assemblies came from all you have to do is copy the serial number that is etched into every headlight assembly and do a Google search for it.  The search will yield the vehicle for which it was designed.
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert