Author Topic: Electric Black Water Tank Valve Issue  (Read 4089 times)

Randolph Lewis

Electric Black Water Tank Valve Issue
« on: April 05, 2015, 11:57:11 PM »
While empting our black and grey water tanks this weekend we had an issue with closing the black water tank valve. The valves are electric and operated by a rocker arm on top on the valve actuator. When normally operated you hear the valve operate followed by two audible clicks and then the valve shuts off. When closing the black water tank today the valve operated but would not stop clicking. I have tried everything to ensure that the valve is not blocked. After several hours I still can not get it to cycle correctly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Electric Black Water Tank Valve Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:47:33 AM »
Randy,
I'm far from an expert on this one but you may want to try closing the valve while running water out of the tank to provide a lubricant. Also might try adding a cup of cooking oil or Pine-sol to the tank and then try closing while the tank is draining.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 02:28:48 PM »
   Hi Randy,
 From your discription, it sounds like the blade assembly is not fully closing. It is not unusual after 16 years for a wad of toilet paper to get caught between the 2 seals just as the blade is closing. Unfortunately if that is the case, you will need to access the valve, disassemble and clean out the debris. Another possibility could be the actuator is worn out and not providing "full travel". Either way you need to get into that area and take stuff apart. On my coach, I needed to remove the rear gas prop to get the metal panel out to access it.
    Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 02:50:12 PM »
Try a bit of silicon spray added to a little water in the toilet after emptying the tank. Flush and activate the valve several times.   I find this keeps my valves running freely, and is easy to do.