Author Topic: engine over heat  (Read 3576 times)

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
engine over heat
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
Well we did finally get out of PHX, we did the test drive on the way to Vegas.  The engine is running about 10 degrees warmer then with the original parts. The main thing is we didn't over heat to see an ECL the C-13 was running on the old fan 187-195 the new system shows 192-203 but the high side is just for a short time.
The Trans temp is also higher then before in the past we never saw the trans warmer then the engine with the new cooling fan and new Thermo switching valve we run about 2-3 degrees above the engine.

I am just glad that we have the rig back, the guy's at Massey (Tom & Elmer) are glad to see our tail lights they are now helping us try to get some of the money back from Monaco for bad parts.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Lee Welbanks

Re: engine over heat
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 12:20:08 AM »
Jerry,

The results just don't seem right to me, mine runs in the temp range of your orig setup. 186-191 and my trans never gets warmer than the motor. I have seen it get up to the engine temp but never over it and that was in some horrible frwy stop and go Phx traffic.
I would think that if all was correct you would be in the same temp range as before.

George Harwell

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 02:40:11 AM »
Glad to hear you have finally departed PHX. It's been a long time since Kerrville. Know you are anxious to be traveling again, especially to OKC. Good luck and safe travels.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:58:32 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes Geogre, I have also had to rework the Aqua Hot again! I now just want to put some miles on her

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13