Author Topic: Coach floor repair  (Read 4465 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Coach floor repair
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:59 PM »
Hokey Dokey, here is a question for all you do it yourselfers and its a toughie!
Our Patriot has the 16ft. kitchen slide.  One winter in the pacific NW and the seals failed in the corner just behind the driver.  The strand board flooring has degraded.  I was able to get it dried out and cleaned but I would like to remove the carpet and re do the flooring.  Perhaps to replace all the ceramic tiles with a better quality from the bucket seats to the bath.
The slide is the problem as the affected floor is covered even when the slide is out.
I am sure open to suggestions.
Thanks very much!
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Coach floor repair
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 05:50:51 PM »
Hi Keith,

I doubt that the finished floor carpet actually goes under the slide if you can pick up the flap on the slide carpet I think you will find some screws or fasteners holding the carpet.

You should be able to remove the old tile and place new tile in the same area. Again the tile may not go under the cabinets.

Replacing the floor OSB may be a lot of work if its still sound I would work with the original FYI this flooring is 2" thick and would be very hard to locate.

I have replaced the carpets and the tiles in a Monaco last year the job was a major project but it did turn out very nice(better the original) as we updated both carpet and tiles.

Jerry
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Coach floor repair
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Jerry
Thanks for the input.  I looked and sadly the green carpet does go under the slide base.  I didnt know that the OSB was 2 inch.  That might help some.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!