Author Topic: Slide Toppers??  (Read 3732 times)

Michael Kauffman

Slide Toppers??
« on: May 24, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
[size=14]I have a 14' slide on the 98'Patriot.  I've noticed that a get a little water pooling on it when it rains.  When I retract it the water comes in with it.  I just throw a towel up there to catch it (if I remember to).  Would a slide topper remedy this?  And if so what brand works best with our rigs?  Mine is a 37' in the Warm Springs Blue color.

While I'm talking about slides, is there a way to adjust them?  I've noticed that the rear end of the slide sticks out about a 1/2" at the bottom when retracted.  No big deal, just cosmetic.

Thanks, Mike[/size]

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Slide Toppers??
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »
Mike
There are several threads on adjusting slide problems.  Problem is there is a small tollerance and I wouldnt want the slide to unlock and come out.
Turns out that there was a recall on the slide in our year and if it isnt done the result is similar to what you describe.  Coach Masters in Bend did ours for about $100. and adjusted it at the same time.  The deal at Beaver Coach Sales is likely the same and they are sponsors.
The recall involves a small metal reinforcing plate.  I doubt it would do much good to adjust until that is done.
Good luck
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!