Author Topic: air bag dump valve  (Read 6677 times)

Jerry and Kay Hudson

air bag dump valve
« on: May 07, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »
Good morning all.

I seem to be having a problem getting my air bags to dump. the leveling system (IDS) and the automatic feature of the air dump have not worked in harmony for a few years. I have changed the dash switch for the air dump but still having a problem with dumping bags. Does anyone have a picture of the air dump valve itself so I will know what I am looking for once I get under the motor home. Also the general location of the air dump valve would be helpful. we have a 2002 Contessa

thanks in advance for your replies.

Jerry

Gerald Farris

Re: air bag dump valve
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »
Jerry,
A word of caution. It can be very dangerous to get under the coach, especially if you are working on the air suspension without proper safety stands. So please be careful.

Gerald 

Jerry and Kay Hudson

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:26:36 PM »
thanks Gerald....

Do you have any knowledge of the air dump valve?

thanks,
jerry

Larry Williams

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
On my 2003 they are connected directly to the air tanks. One each for the front tank and back tank. Of course I do not have the IDS leveling so it may be different.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:51:40 PM by Larry Williams »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 06:52:31 AM »
Jerry,
I have never worked on the air dump system on a 2002 Contessa, so I would have to locate the components as I was trouble shooting the system. Sorry that I am not more help.

Gerald 

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 09:07:30 PM »
jerry, I have a 2001 Contessa but have converted over to an air only HWH leveling system.

Not sure where the air dump valve even is on our coach.

I had issues over and over and decided to bite the bullet and get a simpler more easily repaired system.

Sorry I am of no help with this situation!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl