Author Topic: Generator quit working after 25minutes running  (Read 2584 times)

Mandy Canales

• BAC Member
Generator quit working after 25minutes running
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:25:20 PM »
This past week I took my family to Convict Lake for the week to enjoy a fishing trip.  Of course, no campground hookups there.  The first time I started the gen set it ran for about 25 minutes and suddenly it shut down.  Checking it I noticed smoke coming out from the front bottom side of the genset.  After cooling down for several hours I started the gen again and after 25 minutes it auto shut down again with smoke coming out from thr same front vent area.  I ran the gen that way for 3 days until we decided to leave 3 days early, too cold, rainy, and snowing  Has any one had a like experience with their ?  Any suggestions would be appreciated before having it checked .  Thanks
Mandy Canales
90 Beaver Marquis 40'
Cat 3208
Charter Member
Apple Valley, CA

Gerald Farris

Re: Generator quit working after 25minutes running
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:22:47 PM »
Mandy,
Everyone knows that Violet does not like dry camping, so she may have sabotaged the generator, but it sounds like an overheat shutdown condition. First, check your coolant level to make sure that you do not have a leak. Next check the fan belt to make sure that it is not slipping. If both of those check out OK, then it will take a little serious troubleshooting to determine the problem.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett