Author Topic: Tire Trecker tire monitoriing system  (Read 3496 times)

Jim Felton

Tire Trecker tire monitoriing system
« on: May 13, 2015, 06:05:03 AM »
Has anyone used the Tire Tracker tire monitoring system? I am interested in the 12 tire which also monitors the tow vehicle. Is a booster needed for the tow?

Roy C Tyler

Re: Tire Trecker tire monitoriing system
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:39:22 AM »
I have the TST system.  On my old 35' Rexhall, I did not need the repeater/booster antenna but on my Beaver the reading from my toad was hit and miss.  I installed the repeater antenna in the bedroom and no more problems.  They say the range is about 60' but with the hitch and my 38' motorhome, I was probably right at the limit to the rear tires on the toad without the repeater antenna.

I have looked at the Tire Tracker system at a few rallies and because I have to send mine in to have the batteries replaced, I am seriously considering the Tire Tracker with its replaceable batteries.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:44:10 AM by Roy 'Chuck' Tyler »

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:40:16 PM »
I use the Tire Safe Guard system on our 42ft PAT and a toad with out any additional equipment. 
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 11:23:25 PM »
I have a tiretraker as you have mentioned in your post. No issues and excellent customer service from Texas. You should know that this product is also marketed under other names, so don't be surprised if you see a duplicate with a different name. I use the booster, however, I never tried without it, so I don't know if its necessary for the toad.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad