Author Topic: Slideout leak  (Read 6883 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Slideout leak
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »
I had the recall done last summer.  This fixed the hang up in the corner but the black seal / swipe is loose on the forward end of the slide.  I cant find any other problem and this wouldn't cause a leak in the overhead cabinet as far as I can see.
I resealed the seam on top where the exterior wall joins the top and that did help just not in the cabinet.
Is this a common problem?  Are there any suggestions?  I am 400 miles from Bend.

Thanks All         :-/
Keith
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 05:52:02 AM by 14 »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

Re: Slideout leak
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you have a leak into the upper cabinets in your slide.  Water usually gets into this area because there is a leak at the top of the slide. I would look at the top of the slide and check to see if any of the seams there that have areas that need to be re sealed.  There may be a center seam as well as the ones at the edges.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 04:45:06 AM by 14 »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 11:47:19 AM »
Thanks Tim
I think I finaly found it.  There are two chips, one has a crack with it.  Each is about 1/4 inch but appear to go through.  I filled them so now we'll see.
Do you have a suggestion to fix the spiderweb cracks on top the slide out?  They arent bad yet but I dont want to wait.
Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 05:58:33 PM »
West Marine sells a gel coat crack filler.  It will not work on paint but is designed to fill cracks in fiberglass gel coat.  You can probably get it on line through the West Marine web site or from any boat supply store.

Vic Picciotto

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:22:47 PM »
I hope you do not have what I just had. Passenger side slide leaked in the cabinets. the space between the cabinets and the inside seam of the slide was not sealed properly. The cabinets had to be removed in order to seal the void. No other way to get to the seam. 2003 Monterey.  

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
Vic, did you do this yourself?  If not what was the time and cost?  I have a similar issue.  I extended a silicone tube nozzle and sealed the seam with 95% success but would love to remove the cabinets this fall and do the job right.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:02:23 PM by 14 »

Vic Picciotto

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
Had the work done at Alliance in FL. The actual process of sealing was easy, once the cabinets were removed. Was not an easy job and at times took three men to remove and then replace the cabinets. $2600.00 almost all labor. They did do a great job. The leaks are gone and you cannot evan tell the cabinets were ever removed.