Author Topic: Keyless entry  (Read 7260 times)

Roger Bowton

Keyless entry
« on: May 30, 2010, 03:54:24 PM »
THE KEYPAD FOR MY ENTRY WAS REPLACED WHEN i WAS IN fLORIDA BUT NOW THE BAY DOORS WONT UNLOCK BY PRESSING 9 AFTER THE UNLOCK CODE AND THE BAY DOORS WONT LOCK WITH THE KEY FOBS? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CORRECT THIS OR HOW TO GET A COMPLETE MANAUL??

THANKS IN ADVANCE
ROGER

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Keyless entry
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »
Roger-

We press the 1/2 key, per the manual, after the code to unlock our bay doors, not 9/0.

That said, you may have to try resetting the system by opening the dash access panel in front of the steering wheel.  Now, I haven't actually had to do this, but a thread in this forum in March, http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1268691876/s-1/highlight-magnadyne+door+lock/#num1, indicated that unplugging and replacing the antenna, perhaps several times, that's attached to a black box adjacent to the engine and tranny connector, may do the trick.  Thank Dennis Evans if it does. ;)

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roger Bowton

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
I'll give that a try. Do you have any info on programming the fobs?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 04:30:06 AM »
The Beaver owners manual is all I have, and it only talks about customizing the unlock and program codes, and restoring them to factory default.  It says the keyless entry "Lock" button locks both the entry and bay doors, which is true with the "Locked padlock" icon button on the key fob.  However, you should understand that even though there is a "Cargo Lock" button on the key fob, it does not operate on the Monterey models.  If that is the button you are trying to lock your bay doors with, that explains your issue there.  To lock the bay doors with the fob, you must use the button with the locked padlock icon, then hit the unlocked padlock icon button if you want the entry door open and bays locked.  

Pain in the neck, but reckon we would have had to splurge on a Marquis to get a working Cargo Lock button.  Go figger.

In the same vain, we discovered that even though you're supposed to be able to hold the keyless entry's 3/4 button and get the patio light to come on, that feature isn't activated in the Monterey either.  Would be nice coming home on a dark stormy night trying to see the locks.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Roger Bowton

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 02:13:01 PM »
That explains all of my problems .  My manual doesn't  explain that and calls for a 9 after the keypad unlock to get the cargo doors open. Looks like things are as good as they are going to get

Thanks

Roger

Roger Bowton

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 04:55:20 PM »
We have tried the the 1/2 and the 9 that our manual says and neither will unlock the bay doors from the keypad.  There was a new keypad installed at Lazy days, could there be a requirement to reprogram something and if so how do I do this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:42:36 AM by 14 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
Did you try resetting the box under the dash referred to earlier yet?

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1268691876/s-1/highlight-magnadyne+door+lock/#num1

Also, the webpage below has a link to an owner's manual.  If it is for yours or a similar Magnadyne keyless entry, it has full programming instructions.  But it doesn't say anything about resetting the control box under the dash;  you'll have to go by the above Forum thread's information for that, or contact Magnadyne off their webpage, Beaver Coach Sales Bend Service Center, or Lazy Days.  I didn't see our keyless entry model on Magnadyne's website, but imagine programming is similar.

http://www.magnadyne.com/index.cfm?MasterAction=Item&InvMasID=25261&Web_CatID=308

-Joel
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 08:21:56 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat