Author Topic: Slide out actuator  (Read 5059 times)

William Mathews

Slide out actuator
« on: June 01, 2010, 11:45:21 AM »
The slide out actuator bows (bends) so much the slide out doesn't go all the way out. Is there a fix for this. It is hydraulic by RVA. I know the actuator will have to be replaced, but won't that one just bow too?

Gerald Farris

Re: Slide out actuator
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »
Please list the year and model of the coach that you have in all questions, and in this case it would also be helpful to know which slide is giving the problem.

It is much easier for someone to help if we have all of the needed information.

Gerald

William Mathews

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
It is an 03 Contessa and it's the living room slide out.

03 Contessa

Paul Schwalen

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
I also have a 03 Contessa and have noticed that the hydraulic ram arm has a bend in it  when the large slide is out.  In my case the slide does go all the way out and I have noticed this happening since we got this coach over three years ago and it dosen't seem to be getting worse.  

How much of your slide does not go out? In my case it looks like the ram is forcing against the slide when the slide is all the way out and will not extend any further and it remains bent that way until I retract the slide. If you would like to know how much of a bend is in the ram arm let me know and I will attempt to measure it for you.  I know it looks scary but it has been working like that right along and I keep hoping that it will continue to function right.