Author Topic: Squeak in dash  (Read 4138 times)

Dick Yuhnke

Squeak in dash
« on: June 06, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
I have a very annoying squeak in the dash of my 2006 Beaver Patriot thunder.  It occurs on the smoothest of roads and is continuous.  It seems to be coming from the area where the dash attaches at the back by the windshield.  The sound is like the sound of two pieces of styrofoam rubbing together.  has anyone else ever experienced this problem and if so, what did you do about it?  I've tried spraying silicon, WD 40, etc but to no avail.  Ideas????

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
Re: Squeak in dash
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »
We had the same problem. My wife ended up putting a small piece of paper in between the dash and console until it stopped squeaking, then we left the paper in place. That is the only solution we found but I am sure there is a better way. Our coach is a 2005 Patriot Thunder. Good luck, I know it is very annoying.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Gerald Farris

Re: Squeak in dash
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Repairing a dash noise (squeak or rattle) can be a nightmare. First you have to determine where the noise is coming from. This can usually only be done by exerting a pressure on the noisy area.

Sometimes you can duplicate the noise by pressing on the dash with the coach parked, but you usually have to be driving and when the noise starts you or a helper presses or pries on the noisy area until it can be stopped and restarted to identify the noisy spot. When the noisy spot is located, you can repair it by tightening the loose screws or bolts that hold two attaching parts together or by insulating between the noisy parts with something like a Teflon strip or even a piece of cardboard or paper will work sometimes like Larry stated in the earlier post, but it does not last as well as Teflon.

Occasionally you will have to remove some parts to get to the noisy area, and do not overlook the possibility that the noise is coming from the area between the dash and the front cap.

Gerald