Author Topic: Vintage couch solutions  (Read 8308 times)

John Maguire

Vintage couch solutions
« on: February 24, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »
Hey all...we have a 1992 Contessa we are restoring and I am curious about what solutions or sources owners have come up with for couch replacement on vintage couches with the 8" floor hump under them...I have been searching high and low for an open style bottom couch with a low profile and removable legs so the couch could be set on the hump and perhaps a fascia made for the hump...any thoughts...Many thanks and ohhh how I envy anyone out there right now that isn't getting snow dumped on them...;)

JCMillerSr

Re: Vintage couch solutions
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
We ended up having the original couch recovered.  After researching replacements from sofa beds to jackknife couches we found that most of them had a much higher back section which would be above the bottom of our opera windows.  Although the jackknife couch is not very comfortable to sleep on we still say our coach sleeps two.  Tried to find an air mattress that would fit but most full size mattresses are about 5 inches too wide and 4 inches too long. Twins sized are too small.  A foam pad would help but would require a large amount of storage space when not in use.  Anyone else have a solution?

Steve Pillon

Re: Vintage couch solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 02:41:48 PM »
I changed my couch at villa in Anaheim, ca. They measured the couch and made a exact replacement without removing the underneath drawers with a jacknive style