Author Topic: 1999-2001 Marquis Fan/Steer Hydraulic Fluid Service  (Read 3806 times)

Mike Groves

1999-2001 Marquis Fan/Steer Hydraulic Fluid Service
« on: August 09, 2015, 02:59:10 PM »
I am looking to do some yearly maintenance on our not so often used coach.  I am going to let most things go as I've taken steps to use the extended life fluids as much as I can. 

I haven't done anything, however, with the hydraulic fan/steering fluid since September, 2013.  At that time, just after purchasing the coach, a "service center" topped it off, but left the cap off, so for a couple of days (until I needed fuel and just happened to lift that door in back) it was coming out of the reservoir into that rear service area.  The "service center" used a pump to draw out the fluid and then refilled the reservoir with fresh fluid.  They also changed the filter.

I am without my chassis manual until I return to the coach but at that time I want to take it for lube/brake service and perhaps hydraulic fluid service, so my question to other similar coach owners, how often do you drain and fill/new filter this fluid, and is the only way to drain by way of pumping out?  Now that it's been 2 years, am I due for service of either filter change or filter/refill?

Mike