Author Topic: Water Pump 1999 Beaver Patriot Concord  (Read 6510 times)

barbara hazzard

Water Pump 1999 Beaver Patriot Concord
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »
Our 1999 Beaver Patriot Concord (34 ft)'s water pump is leaking.  Any suggestions/recommendation on how to replace it?  We are also trying to figure out if the very small water filter by the water pump (it is has a date of 1999 on it and looks more like a small clear plastic piece), is the only one that Beaver provided or is there one elsewhere?  We have looked under the sink, in the pumping compartment where the water pump is, etc. and don't see where it might be.  Thanks.

Bill Sprague

Re: Water Pump 1999 Beaver Patriot Concord
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »
Our 1999 Beaver Patriot Concord (34 ft)'s water pump is leaking.  Any suggestions/recommendation on how to replace it?  We are also trying to figure out if the very small water filter by the water pump (it is has a date of 1999 on it and looks more like a small clear plastic piece), is the only one that Beaver provided or is there one elsewhere?  We have looked under the sink, in the pumping compartment where the water pump is, etc. and don't see where it might be.  Thanks.
That clear plastic part is not intended to be much of a filter.  It is more of a screen and mounted on the inlet side of the pump.  The pumps are now dominated by the ShurFlo brand and most any RV store (including even Camping World) can provide a unit that will have the same inputs, outputs and wiring.  The mounting screw locations may vary.  You may even be able to buy the exact same unit. 

True filters are much larger and not commonly added to Beavers until later years.  When they were part of the system, they were usually near the water inlet as part of the utility bay.

There is a newer version of the clear plastic part and I've attached a picture.  The clear plastic part is a known leaker as it gets brittle over time and the O-ring gets hard.   

If the leak is coming from the plastic part it should be easy to replace.  Depending on the model of the pump, the front pumping section can be replaced with a kit.

Of course, the simple solution might be a whole new pump.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
If you can't find a large after-market type water filter, than you likely don't have one.  They're hard to hide.

The screen filter shown on the left in Bill's kindly proffered photo is similar to what was on the pump in our old '84 Pace Arrow.  It's merely to prevent debris from getting into the pump and fouling it, like the screen washer on a washing machine hose - it's not a carbon-type filter.  It just unscrewed so I could clean the screen annually, just to keep algae and gunk from growing on it during storage, etc.  But he's right... if that's an original pump, the screen filter housing may have dried and cracked from age or the seal is shot.  Replacing the filter is cheaper than an entire pump, or you may be able to locate an O ring if that's all it needs. 

But the pump itself on the Pace Arrow gave up after a dozen years, with internal corrosion causing leaks, so I replaced it with a better one.  There are many now that are more capable and quiet, and it's not a difficult job to replace one.

-Joel
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 08:06:05 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

barbara hazzard

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 02:03:06 PM »
Thanks for your help.  This forum is an awesome resource.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
My water pump just quit this past summer. It was the original pump from March 2000. I won't complain about that at all. I replaced it with a Revolution pump.

It was a little different spacing for the mount screws but the water lines fit perfectly without having to change the lines at all.

LaMonte
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl