Author Topic: 1997 Beaver Patriot Stereo Harness  (Read 4328 times)

Tim Schafer

• BAC Member
1997 Beaver Patriot Stereo Harness
« on: September 10, 2015, 10:44:07 PM »
Anyone know if this is the stereo plug for the in dash stereo?  It's the only plug laying loose in the compartment behind the stereo.  Mine only came with a face plate.....  Apparently the drug smugglers were using the compartment to store something else, and kept the face plate just to fill the hole.

And if it is the stereo plug, any idea what the pin out of it is?  i.e. does it match up to another brand/manufacturer that I can just go buy a harness and plug into it?

I've searched google images for that and found every possible combination except this one.

Thanks,

Tim & Ann
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:45:46 PM by Tim Schafer »
Tim & Ann Schafer
1997 Beaver Patriot Camden 40'

Edward Buker

Re: 1997 Beaver Patriot Stereo Harness
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »
Tim,

Take that photo into one of the stereo installer shops that has been in business a long time. They may be able to identify that one. You may also have a sheet in a rear closet that describes what was in the coach. That face plate could be original also.

Later Ed

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:27:42 PM »
Tim,

I remembered tinkering with my 89 Beaver radio harness and it had an intermediate plug that interfaced between the short radio harness and plug and the RV wiring harness. So the radio had a plug that went in the back of the radio, on the other end was a plug that looked something like the mate of the one you pictured.  The one in your picture would be the one that went to the coach wiring harness, speakers etc. That could be why you cannot mate that plug to a radio type directly.

Later Ed

Tim Schafer

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 06:07:31 PM »
That makes sense, because this plug would be very tight fitting to a stereo as it was, so I'll bet there was another cable that disappeared with the stereo itself......

They stored most everything else from the coach that they modified in the basement, but not the stereo :(

Any idea if BCS or one of those type places might have that cable?

Thanks,

Tim & Ann
Tim & Ann Schafer
1997 Beaver Patriot Camden 40'

Edward Buker

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
Tim,

If you can use a voltmeter/ohmmeter you should be able to identify what is connected to that plug. Look for voltage first and draw a diagram. There should be a 12V to ground with ignition off and a 12V to ground with ignition on. A ground wire, and the rest should be 2 to 4 pairs of roughly 4 ohm speaker leads depending on how many speakers the coach had that was dedicated to radio. once you have them identified, label them with a sharpie marker and white electrician tape. You can then cut the plug off and wire in a new radio using the plug that comes with it and crimp connectors.

Later Ed