Author Topic: HWH Slide out issues SOLVED finally!  (Read 7375 times)

GARY AND CONNIE HARMAN

HWH Slide out issues SOLVED finally!
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:51:42 AM »
I said I would follow up on my previous post regarding my Slide out problems .
  I have a 2005 Bayview 4  it has four slides with air leveling only.  No slides worked correctly and after being at an unqualified dealer for 5 weeks We gave up on them, removed unit  and went on our trip within the next few days days.
   We took our Beaver on a 2,500 trip with out being able to use any slides.  We blocked all the slides with wood blocks  and enjoyed the ride as is. A great floorpan allowed us to enjoy the coach slide less.
    We scheduled an appointment at Acacia RV service in Colton Calif,  dropped off the unit on our way home and left it with them.  They are an HWH master tech facility about 2 hour from our home.  They worked on the problem and in 2 days had solved  and fixed the issues that had been a problem for ourselves and previous owners over a period of years it seems.   
The unqualified Repair facility in ,Moorpark CA had replaced 2 solenoids and actually made matters worse. The only solution we were told by them  was to replace all 8 solenoids with new and see if that was the problem.  they were not sure  Very unprofessional ...They did not understand at all how to test the parts before just replacing things on a hunch. Never an estimate just ran up charges and stalled.     
      ACACIA RV in Colton,CA was a God send.  They understood HWH systems and were able to test and solve My issues professional group,   All solenoids tested just fine no problems other than being hooked up all wrong 'by previous repair joint. 
The issue was actually electrical in nature,  Basically this is what I learned.  HWH switches normally have 6 wires attached  to them 3 to solenoids and 3 to slide  for each slide switch.  It seems that Beaver had "custom" wire harness built that used 3 wire to their own  style switch and diodes that reduced the 6 wired to 3  for some reason. The diodes were causing the problems allowing power to basically screw up signals to solenoids and slides causing intermittent shorts mixed signals and an HWH system that was giving us fits . 
Acacia Rv cut out the diodes, ordered heavy duty switches,  rewired the harness...All slide switches  now  have 6 wires like normal HWH switches  they modified the switch plates to fit larger switches ., Located continuity problems caused by previous inept rv place. and everything works flawless now  No solenoid issues 
   They had my Unit 3 days total they waited 1 day for parts so in 2 days of work solved all the slide issues.  It is truly amazing what a qualified dealer is capable of when they know what they are doing.
   A special thanks to Ozzie who did the majority of the work and to the owners Dawn and Greg who restored my faith in an honest qualified dealer. They are a busy shop, lots of high end coaches actually being serviced in a timely manner.   I think you can tell I was impressed and think others would be to
  Not cheap... but fair, fast and honest and worth it ,  Priceless.....almost

Also thanks to those that left comments and suggestions to my previous posts on this subject finally got it done.   

The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Adam Hicklin

Re: HWH Slide out issues SOLVED finally!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 06:27:32 AM »
Gary, I had a similar experience at Acacia for an HWH related problem.  Good people and I felt their prices were in line with other shops, difference being they know what they're doing!  I'm about 90 minutes from their shop, but it's a lot closer than BCS.

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: HWH Slide out issues SOLVED finally!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 07:57:08 AM »
Don't forget to add this writeup on RV service reviews so others will know of a good place to go!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl