Author Topic: How do blade connectors come apart?  (Read 2083 times)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
How do blade connectors come apart?
« on: November 03, 2015, 08:43:39 PM »
So I had to drop one 12v fluorescent ceiling light, right, to open the ceiling for drying (see previous posts re that fiasco).  I couldn't get the two blade connector sets apart, so just hung the device from the AC louvers nearby.  I'm getting a sore head because 1) I keep hitting the confounded thing since it's mid-coach, and 2) I'm frustrated that I can't yet get the connectors apart.

Anyone know how to disconnect these things?  I figure they must have a small metal tab on the male spade that locks in and resists disconnection.  Henderson's guys and others online say just wiggle them and pull.  Not!  I could just cut them off and put new connectors on later, but I couldn't do as neat a job as these are... hate to discard them.  Do I stick a small screwdriver or probe in between them?  Squeeze down on the bulbous side with pliers to release?

I've worked with plenty of different connector types in my time, but don't recall trying to disconnect this kind without cutting them off.

-Clueless Joel in Grants Pass.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dick Simonis

Re: How do blade connectors come apart?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »
Joel, I use two needle nose pliers, grip each connector, cross them like a scissors and pry them apart.

Works for me every time.

Dick
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley