Author Topic: Head light fuse location  (Read 4831 times)

Joe Westbrook

Head light fuse location
« on: December 07, 2015, 01:08:04 AM »
I am on the road  and lost the head lights and cannot locate the fuse for head lights, can someone please give me help on where to locate fuse box on 2001 marquis  emerald? Thanks ahead Joe  Westbook

Jerald Cate

Re: Head light fuse location
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:15:08 AM »
Joe,

Not sure about the Marquis but on mine there are circuit breakers in the electrical bay on the drivers side.  My headlights are CB25 and driving lights are CB28.  You might take a look there and if you have a meter check voltage on both sides of the CB.

Bruce

Joe Westbrook

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 03:16:23 AM »
Bruce i check mine and they are the same as yours. The park lights are burning also the driving lights, l have  decided the bulbs burn out  if that is the problem never have seen both go at same time. JOE

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
Joe,
No fuse. As Bruce noted they employ a relay.
In the electrical bay (front left bay under the driver's area, there are 2 copper buss bars. One is labeled BATT (left one as you are looking at them), The other is labeled IGNITION. There are relays mounted to the buss bars. Locate the Headlight relay. On some coaches it is CB6, the 6th one from the top on the BAT buss. On most coaches it is CB25 on the IGNITION buss bar.

First make sure the 2 nuts are tight on the relay. Be careful as there is 12v on the BATT buss bar at all times. Then use a meter and with the headlight switch and ignition on, verify you have 12v on both nuts. If you don't have it on the non-buss bar nut, the relay is bad. CB10 on the same bus bar should be a spare. If there are no wires on it, you can use it to replace CB6 or CB 25. (You can use any 20 amp relay that doesn't have wires  on it.)

If there is 12V on both terminals of CB6 or CB25 and you don't have headlights, next check terminals 4 and 5 (Lo and Hi beam respectively) on TB1, which is to the right of the BATT and IGNITION buss bars. First verify the nuts are tight. Then check for 12V at each terminal when the appropriate beam is selected (with ignition on).
If you have 12v on them and no headlights there is probably a faulty connection in a connector under the front cap feeding the headlights. If you don't have 12v on the terminal, the high/low beam switch is probably faulty.

If your coach has the headlight mod installed, there will be 2 additional relays mounted somewhere in the electrical bay, usually on the lower right side. They control high and low beams and are electrically between the headlight relay ant the high and low beam terminals on TB1. If your coach has the mod, and there is 12v on the output of CB6/CB25, it powers the 2 added relays. Be sure that the connections are good and you have 12V on terminal 30 of each of those relays.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »
Joe,
Attached is the block diagram for the headlight modification.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Larry Fritz, Fred Brooks

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 11:23:55 PM »
Joe,
 mine went out at Elkhart. IN.  Duncan systems found that my ground connection had failed under the cap. 
  My coach is a 2000 Marquis Amethyst.   Hope this helps.