Author Topic: 2001-2002 Beaver Monterey Brake Modification Kit  (Read 5394 times)

Dan and Pat Urso

• BAC Member
2001-2002 Beaver Monterey Brake Modification Kit
« on: August 01, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Hello everyone…  My wife Pat and I recently bought a 2002 Beaver Monterey 36’ with two slides and a CAT 330/C9 engine.  We’re excited about just joining the BAC and look forward to being involved in the BAC.

On June 16th we stopped at Beaver Coach Sales and Service in Bend, OR to look over the facility and have a ladder installed.

While there, we met a wonderful couple by the name of Jim and Sue Bulgrin, BAC members.  During lunch one afternoon, Jim mentioned that on his 2001 Beaver Monterey he had a problem with his braking, that he had to really apply a lot of pressure in order to stop his 2001 Beaver Monterey.  Jim went on to say that the problem was easily corrected while at a rally.  A technician at one of the seminars said that there was a “kit” which consisted of a “longer” section of brake linkage that replaced the original “shorter” brake linkage section, provided more leverage when applying the brakes.  Jim had the technician replace the “shorter” original linkage with the “longer” linkage which Jim remembers as being located just beneath the driver’s floor board, in the location of the master cylinder.  Jim also seemed to recall that the newer “longer” section of linkage was connected to the master cylinder.  Jim went on to say that the job only took about five minutes and after the modification was completed, the braking of his 2001 Beaver Monterey had significantly improved.

I told Ken, the Service Advisor at Beaver Coach Sales and Service about what Jim just told me, but Ken and Loren both did not know or remember anything about the brake modification kit.

My question is; are these kits still available for purchase or if not, are there any detailed drawings available so that I can possibly have the piece fabricated?

I seem to be having the same problem as Jim and Sue and I would really appreciate any information that anyone can furnish me to help correct my braking problem.
2002 Beaver Monterey 36' Seacliff<br />3126E 7.2L CAT <br />F414234<br />Sequim, WA

Tony Roache

Re: 2001-2002 Beaver Monterey Brake Modification Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 07:08:19 PM »
Same here on a 2001 Monterey Seaclif X Edition. I've been suffering with poor braking for some nine years. I  wondered if there was an air conversion kit (similar to the 2001 Contessa with air over hydraulic). I'm interested as well.

Tony