Author Topic: Splendid Combo will not drain/spin  (Read 3568 times)

RebeccaKlein

Splendid Combo will not drain/spin
« on: March 03, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
I am having trouble with my Spendid combo washer/dryer. I believe it is the 2100(?) it was original with my 2001 patriot. I have used my machine with no problems. I did a load of laundry and I cannot get the machine to drain or spin. Any suggestions?

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Splendid Combo will not drain/spin
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
Assuming you've checked that a breaker hasn't tripped or any GFCI popped on the washer's outlet, try Splendide's support staff via here, Rebecca:    1-800-356-0766  ext. 5 .   http://www.splendide.com/support.htm

Here's something from their troubleshooting page:
"The washer doesn't drain or spin.
Possible Cause (WD2100, WD2000S, WDC6200CEE, & WDC5200 ONLY): The selected program incorporates a manual draining command.
Solution: When using the "Easy Iron" function without presetting a drying program, the machine will stop and wait for your command to drain. Simply press the "Easy Iron" button again and the machine will drain.

Possible Cause: The drain hose is kinked or clogged.
Solution: Make sure that the drain hose is not squashed or kinked. The drain hose should be as straight as possible. Check that nothing is blocking the water flow.

Possible Cause: The drain pump is obstructed.
Solution:
WD2100, WD2000S, WDC6200CEE, WDC5200 - Follow the "When Needed, Check the Pump" directions in your manual to remove items like keys or coins from the pumps pre-chamber.
All Other Models - Clean your drain/lint filter. Your drain/lint filter is located behind a small door in the lower-right, front corner of the machine. A clogged drain/lint filter can effect drying performance. To eliminate this risk, clean the drain/lint filter regularly of the lint and debris that naturally accumulates from washing/drying clothes."

Often access to the back of the machine is via removable panels in an adjoining closet wall or a cabinet shelf above.

Joel
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:13:44 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat