Author Topic: Splendide washer dryer combo removal.  (Read 3902 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Splendide washer dryer combo removal.
« on: March 18, 2016, 10:04:28 PM »
I have a 2000 Marquis.  I removed the louvered access doors ,the brass door latches,the wood sill but the washer/dryer refuses to slide out.  Something is holding it back!!!   THe pantry is directly above the washer and there is no visible access from above.
 Before I cut out the pantry carpet and use my jigsaw to cut out the pantry floor to access behind the washer maybe someone has some advise please !!

Dale Wiest

Re: Splendide washer dryer combo removal.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 10:42:47 PM »
On my marquis there is a part of the shelf over the w/d that I can remove. It provides access to the water shut off valves, drain hose, and most important the 2 brackets that hold the w/d in place.

There has to be some access, removable piece to get to it. You may need to remove carpet. What's on the other side of w/d unit. Anything to remove there ?

Jeremy Parrett

Re: Splendide washer dryer combo removal.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 01:52:28 AM »
 Dale, you are right on the money.  Removing the DW's collection of pantry items from behind the swing out shelf I found the access panel in the outside floor of the pantry . It has a finger hole to make removal easy. Removing the double doors to the pantry made things easier . You have to remove the washer compartment doors to allow the washer to slide out.  Removing the plastic dryer vent hose attachment will allow you  to slide the washer past the reefer !! I removed the washer door also to allow better handhold.
  The angle brackets screwed to the top of the washer and to the wall .....hmmm...... only one holding screw found the wood batten along the wall !
 There are no shut off valves back there ......they are in the water bay. 
I had to chisel off the wood trim strip on the floor to allow the 16 year old washer to slide out of its hole. 
 The base  the washer sits on is particle board and it has rotted out.  I  will replace it with Starboard.
 WE bought a 2 year old 2100 XC  that vents outside. The owner had moved into a home with a washer/dryer combo and didnt need it anymore.  It was a steal !!

The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett