Author Topic: Slide adjustment?  (Read 5222 times)

Dale Walker

Slide adjustment?
« on: March 19, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »
The driver side slide, is making a mark on the floor behind the drivers seat. I thought it might be the floor, coming up, but it seems solid. I thought I read some place about an adjustment?

This is an '05 Monterey Montclair IV.

Gerald Farris

Re: Slide adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 05:51:43 PM »
Dale,
Check the condition of the rollers that the slide sits on.

Gerald

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 07:55:12 PM »
On our Monterey driver's side 12' slide is the only slide without rollers. Can't think of the kind polyvinyl or plastic they call it but it is the entire length  of the slide. I had seen a kind of shim or plate used for slide adjustment and copied that for ours: it  is a 12" w X 1/8" thick aluminum plate, the same thickness as our aluminum bay doors. It is used on either end of slide to adjust it up. There is a gear adjustment to adjust the in or out of the  left or right sides of the slide.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Dale Walker

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 04:35:34 AM »
Thanks Jim, I have looked but right now, I'm in AZ, and don't have the resources or tools to tackle it. It just touches, but enough to make a mark.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 02:42:38 PM »
If it is making a mark on the floor is it also tight above it at the top and really mashing on the seal? If so try to shim it up as soon as possible because it WILL tear the rubber seal. Oh, and the plate or shim will need a small curve made to one end to match the floor curve on the slide. Lift the carpet on the corner and you will see how much is needed. Where you buy the aluminum can make the small curve. I made  my own in a vice.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Dale Walker

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 05:20:47 AM »
Thanks Jim. first chance I get I will take a look. I was going to ask how you access it, but read it again and realized you had already answered my question.