Author Topic: K & N Heavy Duty Air Filters - new?  (Read 4789 times)

Bill Sprague

K & N Heavy Duty Air Filters - new?
« on: August 11, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »
Driving north on I-5, I saw a billboard advertising the "new" K & N "Heavy Duty" air filters.  I Googled it and found this link: http://www.knfilters.com/HDfilters/heavy-duty-air-filters.htm.

If it fits your coach, it might be a good idea for those that do their own maintenance because you can wash and reuse it.

Anybody tried one?

LEAH DRAPER

Re: K & N Heavy Duty Air Filters - new?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:48:35 PM »
I checked it out and there is no replacement for the DONALDSON AIR filter which my 2008 Beaver  takes.  Too bad as I would like to be able to have a K&N filter for the coach.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:33 PM »
A competitor makes one for the Donaldson air cleaner.   I do not recall the name, but I bought it at an FMCA Convention a few years ago.  I will see if I can locate one here at Redmond.

Larry

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 06:26:15 AM »
It's called a "AFE". Has a red outer canister on all assemblies. At the rally they also sell the Aeiro Turbo mufflers together with the filters. Can't remember the company name.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 04:29:05 PM »
That is it.  I installed both he air cleaner and the muffler about 3 years ago, and my fuel mileage increased about 3/4 MPG and the power also improved.  The coaches I used to fall behind on hills, no longer leave me behind.  The only down side is increased noise, but mainly to those outside the coach.  They can hear you coming with the Jake break on.

Larry

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:06:11 AM »
Yes of the 25 coaches touring Alaska I was the noisiest.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9