Author Topic: Tank level  (Read 3533 times)

Doug Neal

Tank level
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:12:20 PM »
Some time back I ran across a web site that sold a sending unit that stuck on the outside of your holding tanks. It took the place of the internal sensors. It also would interface with the Aladdin system with no additional wireing. I failed to bookmark the site. If anyone has run across this info I would appreciate the information.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:58:56 AM by 14 »

Gerald Farris

Re: Tank level
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:30:36 PM »
Doug,
I think that you are talking the SeeLevel system by Garnet Technologies Inc in Granbury Texas. Their website address is http://www.rvgauge.com/

Gerald

Bob Adams

Re: Tank level
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:14:44 PM »
FYI, I spoke to the service tech from Garnet at the RV Rally in Louisville about doing the same on mine. However, I've got a bad tank interface module on my coach and can't find a replacement anywhere. They are no longer manufactured. The SeeLevel system needs those modules in order to interface with the Aladdin system so if yours is bad now, or becomes bad sometime down the road, then the interface won't work. With that system though they do mount a local panel in your waste compartment that would still function.

I decided I'm just going to go the local panel system (about +/- $225.00) route, have them install it ($85.00/hr approx 2-1/2 to 3 hrs labor), and know that everything is right. They are located in Granbury, TX. I don't want to be dependent on finding obsolete parts to keep it working. BTW the unit with the Aladdin interface runs about +/- $450.00 plus labor.