Author Topic: Leaking brake line  (Read 4007 times)

Tom and Pat Walker

Leaking brake line
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »
2001 Patriot Thunder, I have a rear brake line leaking, (I'am told by my repair shop), they say it is routed up and over the fuel tank and the fule tank has to be removed to repair?? and may have to drop the front axle to get it out?? any suggestions Tom Walker

Richard And Babs Ames

Re: Leaking brake line
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 12:29:46 AM »
Can they route a replacement line arround the tank as it does not have to follow the exact route the old one does.

Tom and Pat Walker

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 02:00:56 AM »
I have been told that I can reroute the rear brake lines throught the storage compartments, that seens to to be the route we will take!! Tom Walker

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »
I hear your concerns reguarding replacement of the current lines, but I sure would be hesitant to to route thru the bays.  
What if something punctured the line thru the bay, it sure would be an awful mess!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
Tom,
Rerouting the brake line through the bays (in the frame rails at the top of the bays) is the only logical way to repair the problem. If the line is run and secured properly, it will probably be a superior installation to the OEM installation, and should never cause a problem.

Gerald
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 05:55:45 PM by 14 »