Author Topic: Oh No! Jacks not retracking. What now?  (Read 12420 times)

Edward Buker

Re: Oh No! Jacks not retracking. What now?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 04:46:48 PM »
D.

Not sure where your SMC leveling computer is, mine is in the dash below a lift out panel in front of the drivers seat, some are in the side console I think. If you end up repeatedly in the same quasi level position, when leveling, you can add some compensation by adding some washers on some of the screws to tilt the computer module box that has the sensor within it, essentially re-zeroing the level position. This can also be done at BCS by reprogramming if they are in your travels.

Which way to tilt the module if you go the washer route is not intuitive but a little trial and error and you can find the sweet spot. This will not help if the quasi level is not repeatable or if you are not level due to being at the end of the range of jack travel...can't get there from here issue.

Adding to Gerald's input, if you do this yourself there is a spec for the plate to plate air spring measurement, usually 10 inches but you need your coaches spec. Also some form of blocking that still allows adjustment, but enough space below the coach to be safe.

Later Ed

Bill Chaisson

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »
Im sorry I am new and don't know how to ask a forum question so I am having trouble with my leveling system and need someone to repair my mother board or buy a new one its a 2001 beaver marquis

Edward Buker

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:12:25 PM »
Bill,

Do you have air leveling or the SMC hydraulic leveling to the axles? What are the symptoms.

Later Ed