Author Topic: 03 Beaver Girard awning auto retract  (Read 5165 times)

william harrison

03 Beaver Girard awning auto retract
« on: July 02, 2016, 10:41:27 AM »
 The  manual for the awning says there is a wind speed adjustment but I cannot find it.
I have removed both panels on the passenger side overhead but nothing is in there.

Doug Allman

Re: 03 Beaver Girard awning auto retract
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:20:29 PM »
I need a new retract wind mechanism for ours as one of the cups is broken off so I am also listening attentively to replies.

When I do get it installed I am going to do as others have and put a stainless french fry or some other style basket over it to eliminate the branches or other items from hitting it.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 01:59:33 PM »
William,
Is your awning mounted on the slide or the side of the coach? Mine is on the slide and the control boxes are behind the front panel inside the top slide cabinet.
If it is mounted to the coach I would guess the boxes are somewhere up in the front,,,good luck

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
Your best bet is to contact Andre Bouscary at Girard, 800-382-8442 or 949-259-4000, during PDT work hours.  He is their chief installer and knows more about awnings than anyone I have met.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Rod Ogle

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
William

Here are some pictures that might help you locate the Girard controls.  Note the cabinets above the couch area, first door on the left.  A panel on the left has several screws holding it in place.  Behind the panel are the control boxes.  On ours, the last two screws holding the panel in place are covered by wall fabric, to get the panel completely off I may have to do some dremel tool cutting.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 01:10:31 AM »
William,
You did not say what kind of 03 coach you have. If it is a 2 slide Marquis, the control is located behind the inverter control on most coaches, bat a three slide coach will probably be located in the location pointed out by Rod.

Why do you want to access the control? The controls were hidden to prevent owners from misadjusting them and causing damage. If you are going to replace the wind sensor, just unbolt it, pull it up with about a foot of wire and cut the wire. Then use butt connectors to attach the new sensor, attach the new sensor and reseal it.

Gerald