Author Topic: Aladdin system  (Read 3863 times)

Joe Vanni

Aladdin system
« on: July 14, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
Does anyone know how to by pass the aladdin toggle switch?  My switches are both broken and I would at least like to use the rear camera to watch my toad.  I would like to hook the camera directly to the Sony monitor, but it appears not to accept the direct video. 
I have  contacted the savage company and they are out of the toggle switches at this time.  So it would be nice to be able to use the rear camera while i'm traveling.
I have a '05 Monterey.
Thanks Joe

Roy C Tyler

Re: Aladdin system
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »
I am not sure your setup is the same as mine, but in the cabinet above the driver is a distribution box.  Open the cabinet and remove the screws in the end block facing the front of the motorhome. When the end block is removed, my distribution box is right there and has multiple output connections for cable connections.  I moved one of mine and it now feeds an inexpensive Pyle 7" screen I mounted above my Aladdin. I now have constant view of my toad.  You may be able to just move the connector to another outlet on the box and get a constant rear view.  As I played with the different output connections, I was able to switch the rear view between my add-on screen and my Aladdin screen.

Joe Vanni

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »
Thanks Chuck, I have disconnected the cable coming into the module and attempted to connect directly to the Sony monitor with no luck.  If I understand what you did was purchased a separate monitor, but it sounds like you were able to use either.  I'm I understanding you correctly?
Did you need any special connections or did the standard RCA type jack work?

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:24:33 AM »
Joe
It has been so long I don't remember.  I am pretty sure it just used the standard connections.  Here is the forum article right after i did it     http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,3702.0.html    On the second page is a picture of my setup.  I was able to use either monitor.  I did not like the color of the engine information on the Pyle monitor so I use that for my Toad monitor.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:28:23 AM by Roy 'Chuck' Tyler »

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 01:04:11 AM »
HI You might want to try http://www.nwrvsupply.com for the part. If you do a search for Aladdin a number of parts come up. If not there you might want to give them a call. Often they have parts not listed on the web.

Just a thought
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee