Author Topic: Fresh water indication  (Read 6107 times)

William Mathews

Fresh water indication
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
The fresh water has stopped indicating how full it is. The black and gray indicate ok. I found the telephone wire where it hooks to the tank, but is that the sending unit it is hooked to? If that unit is bad, where do I get a new one and what does changing it involve?  Thanks for any help.
Bill M
03 Contessa

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
Re: Fresh water indication
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:02:57 AM »
If you have the Aladdin system they no longer make parts for it. Luckily I did find a used tank interface module at Northwest Supply in Oregon. That was the only place that had one and I checked at several places. I think I would check the wire for the fresh water tank first. You should be able to see if it's giving an indication in the calibration mode of the Aladdin I think.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 02:44:11 AM »
Bill, I have a brand new tank interface module if you need it. It was around $100 but anyone can have it for $60.00. I have a See Level system so I will never need it. Otherwise good luck!

Jim Gill

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 05:35:09 AM »
Larry
Does the See Level system work well  and is it an easy replacement for the Alladin system?
Jim

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
Hey guys, excuse me for interjecting but I believe that the sea level system still depends on the Tank Interface Module to work properly. Unless of course you totally installed their system. That is what the Sea Level Tech person told me at the FMCA Rally. He said if your tank interface module is not working properly than their system will not function. Anyway it's something you might want to look into.
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Bob Adams

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
I heard the same thing as Larry from See Level. They have several systems available. One integrates with the Aladdin system, requires a functioning TIM, and costs $450.00 +/-. Another one is stand alone and you install their panel in your water bay for local read only and that one runs $225.00 - 250.00 +/-. Be careful to check the part number on your TIM if you want to replace. There are several variations of that dang thing.

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »
For more on Aladin tank sensors see the thread at

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1255057626/s-6/highlight-Tank+sensor/#num6

William Mathews

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »
Administrator
Thanks for that link.
Bill M