Author Topic: ALADDIN QUESTION  (Read 6239 times)

Roger Bowton

ALADDIN QUESTION
« on: September 11, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »
The Aladdin system on our 06 Beaver Monterey is showing off on both legs on the electrical status while we are plugged in. Everything is operating ok but I would like to correct the problem.  I am not familiar with the system and would like some help if anyone else has any ideas.

The house batteries show  zero under  vac  and 254 dis under amps? I really dont understand this?

All help would be appreciated

Thanks
Roger

Bill Stireman

Re: ALADDIN QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 04:12:18 PM »
I am not an Aladdin expert but I reviewed my Aladdin manual and from your description you may need to calibrate the House Batt Amps.  A description of how to do that is on page 18 of the Aladdin manual.  I have an '04 Monterey (Cat 400) with the same system.  Let me know if you do not have the manual and I can scan that page and email it to you.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey
400 Cat
GMC Sierra 2500 HD

Roger Bowton

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:52:13 PM »
It would be great if you could e-mail the directions to me at   bowtorc@gmail.com      Do you have any ideas on
both legs showing   "off"  on the 110 when we are pluged in and things are working properly in the coach?

Thanks
Roger

Bill Stireman

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
Roger-I sent my scanned manual and a link to the Aladdin troubleshooting manual to your email address.  I hope it helps.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey
400 Cat
Sierra 2500 HD

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
Quote from: ]Do you have any ideas on both legs showing   "off"  on the 110 when we are pluged in and things are working properly in the coach?[/quote
This is a guess.  You asked for ideas!

I had one leg fail a couple of years ago.  The problem was a blown in line fuse.  Finding the fuse was a challenge!

The source for the amp meters is a small ring around the big 120 feed wires behind the AC distrubution panel in the bedroom.  Each "ring" has a fuse within a few inches.  The fuse is rated a tenth amp.  Auto parts stores don't go that low.  I had to buy it at a commercial electronics supply.  

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:30 PM »
The electrical diagram for our Aladdin does not show the fuse that Bill talks about on his '04.  That doesn't mean it isn't there on our '06 rigs, so you could check it out, with caution (our AC panels, 50 amp main and 30 amp main are in the bathroom).  The diagram does show one 200 amp sensor for house current, but no fuse on that line.  That sensor may be the large red ring around a main AC cable in the battery isolator compartment over the batteries;  there is only one there.  The diagram shows a data wire connecting to the automatic transfer switch (ATS), and shows devices inside around the two legs there, but it doesn't identify them as current sensors, nor show wires (or fuses) from them to the data port connection.  

You might check the integrity of the phone connectors at the Aladdin modules in your waste tank bay;  on our rig, that is the bay in front of the curbside rear tires.  Make sure no water has gotten in the bay.  Especially check the ATS Interface Module connectors, the bottom one of which is coming from the transfer switch in the power cord bay.  

Use great care if you take the covers off either the bathroom AC panels or the transfer switch, and mess around in there.  Unplug from 120v power, make sure the generator is off, and that the automatic generator control (AGC) on your inverter panel can't activate it.  Before I did that, I'd check for previous related threads here;  it may be that all you need to do is reset your Aladdin or something.  Go to "Search" above, type in "Alladin", and be sure to select 30 days and "older".  It's curious that Bill blew a fuse on one leg of his AC, but you've lost both AC legs' sensors;  what could cause that?  Your other readings involve the DC Interface Module I think, which is another ballgame, and which would make me suspect that the main Alladin computer is messed up, so first I'd try resetting the Alladin.

-Joel
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:57:25 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat