Author Topic: Air Leveling Issue  (Read 10547 times)

Richard Higley

Re: Air Leveling Issue
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2016, 03:49:07 AM »
Thanks for all the replies. I've had the coach for 31/2 years and never heard the pop sound before.   Going to call BCS next week.

Rich

Dale Walker

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 09:47:47 PM »
Richard, my uneducated guess would be the pop you heard, was an air bag, that had a fold in it, and when it was pressurized the fold came out with a pop. That used to happen on our trucks when the air leaked out over night with a load on them. ???

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »
I would hesitate to agree with that, Dale.  If on Auto-level, I've found the coach doesn't sink very far in one corner before the auxiliary pump briefly kicks it back up.  Unless virtually all the air was dumped to begin with, and it wasn't very far off level from that, there shouldn't be any "wrinkles" in any bag.  Unlike your trucks, the compressor on our coaches shouldn't let all the air leak out in Auto-level mode.

That said, I often dump quite a ways down prior to Auto-leveling in order to get the entry step as low as possible for the wife.  That doesn't always work out, depending on the specific site, but even at the extremes I've not heard the described popping when the pump kicks in.  Now it is common during the dump to hear the chassis pop here and there in protest on the way down toward the extremes;  but not associated with the auxiliary compressor, nor even when air is let out in one corner by Auto-level as an alternative adjustment.

My guess would be the sound is related to the valve others mention.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat