Author Topic: No Water  (Read 5580 times)

Mike Wild

No Water
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:40:21 PM »
Water tank is full and the pump is operating. No water whatsoever from faucets or toilets. Is there a filter near the pump that might be clogged? Other thoughts? 2000 Marquis Amethyst.

Thanks!

mike

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: No Water
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:42:17 PM »
Is your tank-fill switched off?  On our coach if the tank-fill is switched on, then the pump pushes most of the water in a circle... I am assuming taking it from the tank and pushing it back into the tank.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Mike Wild

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »
Yes I saw that comment in searching the forum for the issue. The fill switch is off. Strange thing is that not a drop of water or even air appears at the sink or commodes.
Thanks for the reply!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:01:34 PM »
My next guess is the tank-fill valve may be stuck open.  If the pump is operating, then water is going somewhere.  Otherwise, the pressure from the pump would be shutting the pump off.  It seems unlikely the pump would be running without moving any water.  When my water pump failed last year it simply quit... no running, no noise,... nothing.  Just dead as a door nail.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 10:50:02 PM »
Mike,
If you are sure that the fill valve is closed, the tank is full, there are no external leaks, and the water pump runs continually, the next course of action would be to remove the water pump and check it's functionality. 

Gerald 

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »
Mike
Three things
1)  the Red Hat valve is in the box with the water pump and it can stick half open.  Do you get any city water?
2)  My best guess is the water pump is no longer priming itself.  Possibly a bad residual valve that maintains pressure from the tank. 
3)  The next stop would be the manoblock.  Are all the low point drains closed?

Again my best guess is water pump but best of luck.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
Yes there is a filter on the intake side of the pump on mine.  In the spring after dewinterizing I have had it plug up and the pump would not pump water.  Its easy to open up and clean it is just a screen on mine.  That always fixed my problem.  I have attached a picture
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 07:02:26 AM by Bob Jae »

Mike Wild

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 07:37:39 PM »
Update - The panel showed the water tank at 40 percent full -- We drained the tank and refilled (hard to estimate but there were probably 30-40 gallons released). Now have water to all faucets and toilets. Chalking this one up to gremlins and goblins.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Mike

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:57 PM »
 Hi Mike, Seems to me you figured out the cause of your problem. In draining and refilling the tank you had to activate the fill valve. Those of us who have "hard water" that is water with a lot of dissolved minerals in it, tend to make that valve over years get stuck open of closed. If it is more than 10 to 12 years old I would replace it because it is really hard to fill your tank on a Marquis without it working properly. Regards, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6