Author Topic: Street side slide hydraulic leak  (Read 2863 times)

David Privitera

Street side slide hydraulic leak
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
The hydraulic line(s) for the street side slide on our 2004 Monterey Newport are leaking.  I talked with the service folks at Beaver Coach Sales and their typical approach to repair is to cut, drain and cap the old lines and run new lines.  They said they run new lines "wild" (using a new routing from the original lines) because the original routing is too difficult to retrace.  Does anyone have any past experience, tips, etc. I can share with the repair shop that's doing the work for me?

Gerald Farris

Re: Street side slide hydraulic leak
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 10:56:25 PM »
David,
The folks at BCS are right in that the old lines are too difficult to remove to be worth the trouble and expense. Cut them off as short as you can, screw a bolt into the end to plug it to stop oil from dripping out after it is drained by blowing air through it. Then just route the new hose where it is accessible, but be careful to insolate the new hoses from any sharp edges or abrasive areas.

Gerald

Bryan Beamon

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 11:51:06 PM »
David, Monaco replaced 3 hydraulic hoses on our 07 Contessa last summer. They charged $270 for the hoses and $620 for labor. Be sure to carefully check all your hoses especially at the crimped ends as they bulge before they begin to leak. GOOD luck.
C & Bryan Beamon
2006  to present
2007 Contessa 42ft Cat C-9 400hp
1996 to 2006 97 Beaver Patriot Camden

David Privitera

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 09:58:05 PM »
Thanks Gerald and Bryan.  Bryan, your costs are similar to what Beaver Coach estimated.  Hopefully my local shop will be similar.  I'll have them check other hoses while they're at it.