Author Topic: HydroHot Low Coolant Cutoff  (Read 2489 times)

RebeccaKlein

HydroHot Low Coolant Cutoff
« on: November 12, 2016, 10:17:12 PM »
I have a 2001 Beaver Patriot with a HydroHot HHE-500-03M system.  The board has triggered a Low Coolant Cutoff Alarm shutting it down.  When I removed the cap on the unit it is full of fluid.  There was however a gray plastic piece floating in the tank with the letters GEMS on the end. Is this a float that has broken off? Is there a way to replace it? Is there a way around the cutoff until I get a part?

Thanks,
Rebecca Klein

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Re: HydroHot Low Coolant Cutoff
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:47:18 AM »
The part appears to be the coolant level switch float.  Yes, the part can be replaced but coolant must be removed or drained from the tank below the point where the level switch is screwed into the tank.  This point is about 1/3 down from the top.  The new switch can be purchase from AquaHot or any supplier.

The level switch is not difficult to remove and replace, but does require some care and mechanical knowledge.  The switch can be bypassed using a jumper wire on the control board.  It may be contact #'s 15/16 but your unit may be different.  Check with AquaHot or the wiring diagrams before considering using the jumper wire.

Good luck,
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida