Author Topic: Xantrex RM 2000  (Read 3462 times)

Dale Walker

Xantrex RM 2000
« on: November 24, 2016, 11:50:33 PM »
Well, like most men, I like to pride myself on knowing how things are supposed to work, but this thing is trying my patience! LOL!!
I wrote here last week about an element in my refrigerator that shorted the wires and would have been disastrous had it happened out on the road.

Since then, I can't get the Xantrex to charge the batteries back up. I have it plugged into a 30 amp receptacle, the display shows a green light that says it's charging, but when you scroll to check battery condition, it shows 11.9 volts, the bar graph nothing, and the number 4 DIS. What does the DIS, represent, discharge?

Last night I switched the battery switch off, and hooked a battery charger to it, this morning the display shows 13.0 volts, but when I turned the switch back on and turned on the Xantrex, the display said I had to many AC circuits in use? WTH?? nothing is on, fact is I went back and shut down all the breakers except the main and it still says I have to many on.

What do you think? Xantrex, gone away?

Thanks

Dale

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Xantrex RM 2000
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:43:23 AM »
We had to replace our RM2000 under warranty in 2008 with identical problems. During that trip we had some welding done and the shop said we should have put it in safe mode (ha, almost wrote mood). Anyway it could not be fixed. If we were replacing it today we would switch to a Magnum pure sine wave. The RM2000 is a modified sine wave.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Dale Walker

Re: Xantrex RM 2000
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 06:57:20 PM »
Thanks Jim, that's about what I had surmised! So, onward and upward!! LOLS!!

Dale