Author Topic: Valid Questions  (Read 6442 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Valid Questions
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:44:35 AM »
This new to us Thunder has Valid air leveling and jacks as well.  The RV pad is too soft to use the jacks well so we have relied on the air leveling all winter.  This has worked fairly well as long as we bring up the air pressure every couple weeks or so.  Today the coach was leaning dramatically to the driver side.  I thought to air it up but it didn't help so I put it in travel mode and that got it almost level or as good as it gets on this RV pad.
The coach is plugged into 50amp shore power and the batteries are charged.

Shouldn't the Valid compressor be keeping it level in air level mode?
Does the air ride and the air leveling use the same leveling arms?

Suggestions? 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Valid Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:08:08 AM »
Keith,'
Sounds like you may have a significant air leak. The air connectors used on these coaches are very prone to leaking.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:21:59 PM »
Keith,
Are you sure that the air leveling system is not an HWH system? Regardless, it sounds like your electric compressor for the leveling system is not working. If it was functioning properly, you would never need to air up the coach to maintain level. Many of the electric air compressors that are used in air leveling systems are not sealed to prevent failures from road water or dirt, especially the Thomson compressors used in most HWH systems. Therefore, to correct the problem, you need to either change over to a sealed compressor like a Viair or fabricate a weather proof housing for the compressor after replacement or repair.

The ride height sensors on your coach are only used for the air suspension. The air leveling system uses a sensor to determine if the coach is level and not the ride height sensors.

Gerald

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:52:41 PM »
Keith,
I've got the same/similar system. Gerald is correct that the compressor should run if the coach needs leveling. It uses electronic sensors, 1 forward and 1 aft to sense level. Service manual is located in the Technical library.
Steve
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:54:34 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:05:47 AM »
This new to us Thunder has Valid air leveling and jacks as well.  The RV pad is too soft to use the jacks well so we have relied on the air leveling all winter.  This has worked fairly well as long as we bring up the air pressure every couple weeks or so.  Today the coach was leaning dramatically to the driver side.  I thought to air it up but it didn't help so I put it in travel mode and that got it almost level or as good as it gets on this RV pad.
The coach is plugged into 50amp shore power and the batteries are charged.

Shouldn't the Valid compressor be keeping it level in air level mode?
Does the air ride and the air leveling use the same leveling arms?

Suggestions?
Keith,
You say you also have hyd jacks, in that case I don't think the air suspension is designed to keep the coach level, it would be controlled by the axle air ride arms/valves. It would keep the coach at travel height until the air leaks off. Do you have a 12 volt compressor? Can you raise and lower you coach with the air ride? My 06 PT is air only no jacks so I can move it all over the place. Can you just dump you air suspension so the coach sit down and if the camp site pad is fairly level your set.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 10:04:32 AM »
Lee
The air leveling is the default and is separate from the air ride.  It can be leveled and adjusted for height automatically or manually.  The jacks are separate as well.  The Valid system is terrific if the operator gets his head on straight.  I had it at ride height and pushed air level and it adjusted and has been releveling as needed for two days.
Lots of learning on this coach.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 04:40:46 PM »
You can also change the the wake up interval. I believe the default is every hour. I changed mine to every 4 hours.
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Chuck
What is your reference for changing/adjusting the leveling frequency check. 

This is the first I've heard of this ability.  Is it user adjustable or by someone more knowledgeable (i.e., factory) etc?

We have almost the same coach.
Leah

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 04:14:08 PM »
You will be using the keypad. The instructions are in the Valid manual. You can get this from Valid (PDF format) or I can send it to you. I am away from home (it's on my pc) so I won't have access to it until Sunday. It's easy to do but you have to get into the correct mode.
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 04:34:31 PM »
Chuck
Thanks for the response....I'll see if I can find it in my manual.  If not, I'll be back in touch, again thank you.

Leah