Author Topic: replacing ceiling lights  (Read 2778 times)

Bob Reeves

replacing ceiling lights
« on: February 27, 2017, 01:14:12 AM »
Have bought LED lights to replace halogen in my 07 Patriot Thunder.  Is there a trick to removing the glass covers to get to the bulbs?

Lee Welbanks

Re: replacing ceiling lights
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 02:23:27 AM »
Bob,  Are they the small round puck lights with glass covers? On mine you push up on the lens and twist counterclockwise. I found that by wearing a latex glove I could get a good grip on the glass.

Bob Reeves

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
Thanks Lee,  I have done just that.  Was successful in getting one off.  The others seem to be extremely stubborn.  Will look for and try a rubber suction cup.  Just thought someone might have a method that would work for me.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 02:40:30 PM »
Bob, Some of mine were tough, with the latex glove on I could just get them to move back and forth. I replaced all the bulbs with LED's and when I put the lens back on I put a dab of vaseline on the slide part, now they are easy to remove.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Mike Humble

• BAC Member
  • BAC Past President 2014-2018
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:24:12 PM »
I found that on some of mine the ceiling was actually stuck to the glass and I had to carefully pry it loose.
Mike
2008 Marquis 45' Cat C-15 600hp

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 05:04:15 PM »
I stuck with the old halogens while we had our Monterey.  I didn't dry camp enough to need the LEDs.  Doing so meant I changed bulbs a lot!

My favorite tools were a clean, dedicated rubber coated work glove and a patch of rubber shelf liner.  Either allowed for better grip.

Bob Reeves

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:46 PM »
Thanks Mike and Bill and again to Lee.  Will keep trying.