Author Topic: leveling system patriot Thunder  (Read 5199 times)

Bob Reeves

leveling system patriot Thunder
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »
Another problem.  Evidently have a air leak in the leveling system,  The system air compressor comes on frequently for about 1-2 seconds.  Where is this compressor located?  Thought I would start there in trying to track down the leak.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:06:15 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: leveling system patriot hunder
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 04:17:42 AM »
Bob
there is a unit  in the fuel bay to the right of the tank on the passanger side.  I believe that this is the unit you are looking for.  Do I recall right that you have the 'Valid' leveling system?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 05:04:09 AM »
Bob, Does your coach have HWH air leveling? If it is like my 06 PT I've had to replace two of the air pressure switches for leaking.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 01:41:42 PM by Lee Welbanks »

Bob Reeves

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 01:43:08 PM »
Keith & Lee... my build sheet says Air Leveling (DLT Hydraulic LE) Thanks for your input. Will keep looking.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 08:29:57 PM »
Bob,
Not sure what DLE is. I thought most 07 Beavers used the Valid Power Gear system as Keith mentioned. What is the label on your control pad? On my 07 Contessa, with air only leveling, the compressor is mounted above the Hydro Hot in the front bay on the passenger side.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Edward Buker

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 12:40:37 AM »
Bob,

I have no experience with that system, but a compressor that cycles for just one to two seconds seems odd to me and wonder if whatever unit in the system that sets the duration and cycle time, is over reacting. Someone with this system may comment further regarding their experience.

Later Ed

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
Re: leveling system patriot thunder
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 11:15:59 PM »
On our '05 PT, the compressor is behind the front cap, roll under the cap and its to the left of the generator. Our air leveling is not 'Valid', but I can't recall the brand....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 02:06:36 AM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Bob Reeves

Re: leveling system patriot Thunder
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 02:51:57 PM »
Sorry Guys for being late with my reply....My system is a Valid

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
Bob,

I found that Valid is called Trueline leveling system, found a manual (pdf) on line for their system. When you level your coach will it stay level or does it start dropping on one corner or another? Does your air pressure leak off?
With my 06 HWH system it is usually a air switch or a push on air fitting leaking. About the only way to find air leaks is with a spray bottle with water and dish soap and spraying every fitting and part you can find that is air related. If you get under your coach make sure it is blocked up on jack stands or some way that it can drop on you.
As far as you air compressor short cycling---sounds like a pressure switch problem, there has to be a pressure switch that calls for the compressor to come on for low pressure. The only reason for the compressor to come on is low pressure.
The HWH system will use air tank pressure until it is too low then the compressor will take over. I would guess that yours is about the same.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 02:21:17 PM by Lee Welbanks »

Gerald Farris

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 02:46:15 AM »
Bob,
Most likely you compressor short cycling problem is caused by an improperly located pressure switch. Monaco installed a check valve at the tank on some of these systems with the pressure switch at the compressor. On these coaches as the air pressure leaks down at the compressor, the pressure switch turns on the compressor to air up the line between the compressor an the tank only since the tank is still at pressure. The correction for the problem is to move the switch to the tank where Monaco should have installed it to begin with.

Gerald