Author Topic: Heaters  (Read 3440 times)

Hocutt Phillips

Heaters
« on: March 08, 2017, 01:51:53 PM »
I have my first need for heat since buying a 2001 Patriot Thunder and the heat is not working, neither the furnace or the hydro-hot. I haveven hot water and the actual works but neither is working for heat. What have I missed? I have followed the manual and I qturned on the hydro-hot heater switches. Thanks.

Russ Taylor

Re: Heaters
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 02:27:05 PM »
If your Aqua hot is working for hot water just make sure the switches for heat are turned on. There are two switches. One is on the face board in front of the kitchen sink the other is in the bedroom under the TV.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »
Following up on Russ' s advice, since you have hot water, the Hydro hot is "working". Be sure that your house thermostats are set to heat and that the  fan switches on the heat registers along the floor are on, either Low or High. Might take a couple of minutes but they should start blowing warm air.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 02:43:54 PM »
I'm not sure after reading your post if you have hot water or not.  Do you hear the HH coming on and do you see exhaust from the pipe?  I ask because when I first used the system I had no idea what was supposed to happen.  I had no idea what the extra exhaust pipe was for.  I finally figured out (with help from the forum) that the coolant needed to be topped off and the control board was indicating low voltage and needed to be reset.  Once I knew what I was looking for and what was supposed to happen we had endless hot water and heat.  So if you know all this I'm sorry to waste your time but I saw that you only had one post and took a shot thinking that you may be new to the HH.  Good luck.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH