Author Topic: Streetside Bedroom slide creeping in  (Read 3095 times)

William (Bill) Staley

Streetside Bedroom slide creeping in
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:06:04 PM »
WE have an '05 42' PT Richmond with 4 slides, Cat C-13 525 hp.  The coach has only air leveling. This is a new coach to me so am still figuring out how things work and where they are.

The bedroom slide has begun to creep in a few inches within a couple of hours.  All the other slides are working perfectly.  Is this slide operated via electric, air or hydraulic?  Have read several threads about slide creep.  But before I start taking things apart to investigate want to gather as much info as I can.  Also, I think I have a hydraulic pump near the entry stairwell.  How do I gain access to the pump and reservoir?

Appreciate all the help!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:11:28 PM by William (Bill) Staley »

Lee Welbanks

Re: Streetside Bedroom slide creeping in
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:54:53 AM »
Bill, I have a 06 PT and all four slides are hydraulic, its probably a extend solenoid valve that is leaking through.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 04:50:11 AM »
Bill
Your hydraulic pump should be under the entry stairs.  We had an 02 that allowed access by removal of the third step up.  We now have an 07 PT and the access is from underneath but made easier when the generator is extended out the front of the coach.
BTW ..... congrats on the new coach and welcome!
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

William (Bill) Staley

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 11:29:11 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  The hydraulic pump is in the front just behind the cap.  The Aux air compressor is also there.  The fill for the hydraulic pump is on the top of the tank.  Not exactly sure how to check the level and fill if necessary.  Whoever decided to put it there sure had a sick sense of humor.  Oh well, this too shall be overcome.  Again, thanks everyone.

Roger Rempe

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 01:53:47 AM »
Ha...Bill, I've always thought that too...more than once!  ???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:58:30 AM by Roger Rempe »

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 04:47:52 AM »
It is much easier to install all this wiring and hydraulic hoses and plumbing when the whole RV is fresh and new. They are not made with the owners in mind, that's for sure. Every time I work on mine I say to myself, why did they install it that way. Same way and same question while I worked on fighter jets for many years, engineers don't care.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl