Author Topic: Patriot Pressure Washer  (Read 7415 times)

Michael Kauffman

Patriot Pressure Washer
« on: April 24, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
Hello, I'm still going through things on this 98' Patriot coach.  It has a working built in pressure washer but didn't come with a hose and sprayer.  Does anybody have any idea what brand they used?  I suppose I can retrofit it with any brand hose and just change the fittings, but I'd like to start with the same OEM stuff if possible.  Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Phil And Carol Upham

Re: Patriot Pressure Washer
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
Mike,

I have never used my pressure washer but here is what I have:

Model Target 101
Pump Pressure-1200psi Max
Flow Rate-95GPH or 1.58 GPM
Voltage Required-120/13Amp.60HZ
Minimum Fuse Size-15Amp, time delay
Power Cord-35' with GFCI
Hose-25' Swivel High Pressure Hose
Nozzle-2.0

If anyone has used theirs I;d sure like to hear from you.  My directions talk about a place to put the soap and such.  Do not know where that is.  None of the original equipment is with my rig except the washer and the connects/chucks.  The connects appear to be 1/4" and all the other PW's I have looked at are much bigger..  Going to a specialty shop on Monday to see if they can help me here in Corpus.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:39:57 AM »
I used the power washer on our '98 Patriot several times.  When it quit working, I phoned the manufacturer who advised me to remove the pump head with 4 bolts and inside was a flapper valve that gets coated with lime from the water.  After cleaning the lime away, the washer worked again for a while and then stopped again.  It was more work removing the washer to repair than to clean the valve.  About the third time I took it apart I decided to buy one to keep at my house and use when home.  I removed the washer from the coach to lighten the load.  There was a hose connection in the electric bay under the driver seat and one in the right rear bay.

You may order a hose and nozzle on Amazon.com for $40 or buy a new replacement unit including attachments for about $100.

Larry

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
Hey Mike
Keith here from Port Angeles, Wa.
We also have a 98 Pat though it is 40'.  Ours has the pressure washer though it doesnt work and is low on my priority list for repair.  The hoses etc. are here and if you need further info than the above responces, let me know.
ALSO;  I would like to know if you have the recessed Girard Awning.  We are nearing completion on the repairs to our rig and this was a critical point (the awning).  I would be happy if you could benefit from our learning experience on our Patriot so let me know if you would like to hear about it.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 07:09:55 PM »
Thanks for the help everybody.

Keith, I have the recessed Girard awning.  We tested it when I bought the coach and it worked fine.  I don't know about the little wind over ride thingy though.  I'll let you know if I need help, thanks for the offer, Mike

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
Mike
I apologize for the unsolicited info. but allow me to forward this bit.  The reason for asking about the awning is that we have that type as well.  While in Bend at Coach Masters we found out that the awnings were installed poorly.  The recessed box into which they were installed was not sealed in the corners prior to the awning unit going in.  As the unit acts a bit like a gutter 4" x 20 ' it collects a fair ammount of water which then rolls into the unsealed box and into your wall.  The soultion is removal and sealing and replacement.  
Just thought you should know.
Best
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Michael Kauffman

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
Thanks Keith, that might explain the slight water stain in the fabric above the door hinge area.  It seems dry but it may have been a problem back when.  Thanks, Mike

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
Yes, thats where it shows.  In the cabinet over the dinette there is a small fabric cover for the awning bolts.  It just pops off so you might check there.  Both shops in Bend support BAC and are good at fixing this.
Good luck
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Phil And Carol Upham

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »
Hey Mike,

Just an update on my never used power washer.  Finally got all the parts, plugged it in and the washer leaked so badly it could not develop enough pressure to be effective.  I guess the project is awash.  I'll get into it when I have time and inclination.
Phil

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 01:57:09 AM »
Phil
If you are interested in one, I still have the one from the 99 Patriot Thunder I traded for my new Contessa.  The pressure washer stuff is in AZ where I winter, but if interested let me know and I bring it back when I go down this fall/winter.
Leah

JimCasazze

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 11:45:35 PM »
Just tested the PW on our new to us 1999 Patriot Thunder.  Amazing to find out it actually works and builds great pressure.  Now, I was wondering how to drain and//or winterize this thing.  Anyone have the original manual or know how to get it drained out?

Thanks
Jim

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 06:34:56 AM »
On our 98 Patriot 37', Mine works fine and I use it every year. I winterize it (right or wrong!) by turning it on, opening the output ports and run compressed air through it until the water stops coming out. That has worked for me.  Also, I have a couple of Karcher portable power washers and those hoses and fittings work as well.  I do find that after ours sits awhile and you try to turn it on that the shaft is often stuck. I drilled a couple of holes through the side bed frame so I could access the slot to turn the shaft with a screwdriver and another so I could reset the breaker switch that seems to trip every so often. I have hole plugs in place to prevent engine fumes, etc during normal coach operation.  Another tip on the unit installed in mine is to be certain the wand trigger is held or locked open when you turn on the power to the washer.  Finally, the soap dispenser was just a bottle that you connect to the wand hose with a sprayer on the end. That is a pain so we don't use that unit.

Larry Fritz
(408) 515-5957
Larry Fritz

JimCasazze

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
Our bag of wand parts, included a short wand extension with a "soap" bottle that appears to insert between the gun handle and choice of long wands.  We have two long wands, one that has a high speed rotary tip and another that has an adjustable fan sprayer.  I clogged the fan tip, by forgetting to flush the system with clean water for a minute before attaching the fan tip.

Breaker on the plug seems to trip evey now and then when I release the trigger and the PW pump pressure switch forgets to do it's thing.